Packback - Packback is an AI-enabled online discussion tool that encourages inquiry-based and curiosity-driven community building and critical exploration in courses ranging from small enrollments to large.
Step-by-Step Instructions for How to Add Packback to D2L at MSU
To enable Packback in your D2L course (without gradebook sync):
- Go to the course module where you'd like to add Packback and select Existing Activities.
- Select External Learning Tools and click on Packback Questions.
- Click on the Packback Questions link that was added to the module. It will initiate the Setup Wizard.
- On this page, click on an existing community or Create a New Community to fill out the community details.
- Double check the information and select Save and Continue at the bottom of the page.
To enable with gradebook sync:
See the Packback article, Setting up Packback Gradebook Sync Assignments (opens in new window)
For questions, or to setup an information session, contact the MSU Packback representative.
More support can be found by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Packback Help Center.