Kaltura MediaSpace & D2L Integration
Our Kaltura MediaSpace integration allows you to record, upload, publish, search, and share your media right within D2L.
Here are the three Kaltura MediaSpace integrations you can expect to make your work easier:
- Sharing & Viewing Media: The Course Media Gallery allows you and your students to share media with the entire class. While the media is stored in Kaltura MediaSpace, the Course Media Gallery allows you to manage your videos, or student videos that appear on the course homepage and content area.
- Managing & Creating Media: My Media on MediaSpace allows students and faculty to enter their personal Kaltura MediaSpace and record, upload, publish or edit files as if you were logged in to http://mediaspace.msu.edu. You can also use this tool to create a webcam recording or a screen recording to share by downloading Kaltura Capture.
- Adding Media to Content: Insert Stuff allows media to be inserted via the HTML Editor’s Insert Stuff option.
One thing to keep in mind is that the media recorder integration relies on Java, which is a free plugin, but may not come standard on your computer. To check your version of Java, and download the latest version click here.
Since these tools are designed to be responsive to the device you are using - PC, Mac, or mobile device - the menus may look different depending on what you are using. Your view automatically adjusts site layout to the screen size and device to provide optimal mobile device support.
See below for an overview of the features you can expect from this integration:
- Easy Video Uploading - Upload any type of media (video, audio, images) using a simple interface.
- Kaltura Capture -
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearing-impaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Comments - Allows users to comment on videos.