- The D2L Standards tool was turned on at MSU in August 2022.
- The new Standards tool can be used with either content experience but has more functionality in the New Content Experience (NCE). Content items and activities can be mapped in NCE.
- In Classic Content, only assessible activities can be mapped. The Mastery View is the same in both content experiences.
- Both the existing Competency tool and the new Standards tool are available in D2L, but not in the same course. Standards/Outcomes are used after learning outcomes are added to a course. Standards cannot be added if there are existing competencies already added to the course.
- The new Standards/Learning Outcomes tool will eventually replace the Competency/Objectives tool. Migrating existing Competency structures to the Standards tool is on D2L's roadmap.
Note: Another term sometimes used for the Standards tool is Learning Outcomes (LOs). Try searching both terms when looking for resources.
In this section: