Activating Your Courses
By default, courses are not active. This is so students do not view content before you have finished adding/editing your materials. Students cannot see the course or access course content when a course is not active. You will need to change some settings to allow student to both see and access the course.
Once you have logged on to D2L, you will be taken to your My Home page. Locate the section entitled My Courses. Your course should be listed in this section. Or, use the Select a course dropdown to choose your course.
Click on the course name to enter the course. Click on the Course Admin link. Click the Course Offering Information link.
Activate your course
Locate the Active section towards the bottom of this page. Check the box to the left of Course is active. Be sure to click the Save button when you are done. The course will now display in a student's My Home page for students who are enrolled in the course. If there are no access dates set, students can now access the course content as well.
Access by date
You can further control course access using the start and end date settings. On this same page, locate the Start Date and End Date sections. Check the boxes Course has start date and Course has end date as desired. Modify the Start Date and End Date dates and times to suit your needs. You must click the small checkbox for these settings. Doing so will place a check mark in the box and make those dates effective. If the box is not checked, the dates will have no effect.
Be sure to click the Save button when you are done.
- From My Home, select your course.
- Click Course Admin.
- Click Course Offering Information.
- Under the Active section, check the box to the left of Course is active.
- Under the Start Date section, check the box Course has start date. Enter the desired course start date and time. The Now button allows you to select the current date and time.
- Under the End Date section, check the box Course has end date. Enter the desired course end date and time. The Now button allows you to select the current date and time.
- Click Save.